Alembic Group is among India’s oldest industrial houses with presence in glass, chemicals, real estate, engineering, education and healthcare sectors.
It was founded in 1907 as Alembic Chemical Works Company Ltd, by Prof. T.K. Gajjar – the first renowned chemist in Western India, Prof. Kotibhaskar – a Gold Medalist in Technological Chemistry, and Mr. B. D. Amin – the man with incomparable business tact and capacity for management.
A journey that began with tinctures, alcohol, vitamins, penicillin production, has today diversified into an expansive conglomerate with interests spanning pharmaceuticals, healthcare, real estate, engineering, specialty chemicals and glassware.
In 2010, the group demerged its pharmaceutical business to form Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited.